Author Buzz UK was designed to help authors create a solid platform without any more technical skill than is required to sign up for a free account. A fully customised Author Buzz account should definitely become part of your growing author platform.
All of this goodness is offered for free to anyone and all you need to get started is an easy to set up profile. Once you are set up with your profile you will have access to the following resources. If you have a wordpress.com account then you can log right in with that and start enjoying your profile right away.
- Active and growing forums specifically for people in the writing and reading industry.
- The ability to collect followers (members interested in you and your projects)
- The ability to promote projects in a classifieds directory of resources.
- A searchable directory of local writers groups.
- A wall that promotes your activity on site
- The option to request and run an on-site WordPress blog with your own subdomain (and alter your own domain name) with full support from the administrative team.
Talking about running your own blogs, I already have a writer blog set up. The Matthew D. Brown (author) blog is where I post my stories as a serial. You should get over there and give them a read. If you subscribe to the blog you can get an update when I publish new story entries.
Later, as the admin team continue to expand the site’s capability, there will be even more great features open to you. These features are planned but are still being tested and improved.
- Agents will be able to maintain a profile for their authors
- Authors will be able to maintain a list of their books which readers can review and, quite importantly, purchase from major retailers.
- Readers will be able to connect their account to GoodReads and show off the books they have read.
- Read more about the vision for Author Buzz UK.
It has to be said that, as of writing this article, things are still being set up at Author Buzz. So there will be ongoing changes and improvements. Crucially, this is the stage of development where your input could radically alter the finished product. If your company or your needs as a writer are not being met anywhere else, then your input could help shape Author Buzz UK into exactly what you need.
I would highly recommend that anyone who writes, publishes, or promotes those that do, sign up for a free account and become a beta tester while your opinion has the power to shape the site.
The admin and development staff at Author Buzz are dedicated to the principles of transparency and open creativity. As such they have a dedicated development blog where they talk about both the success and failures that they encounter as they work towards bringing this dream to life. I know this because I am the lead developer in the team.
Thanet Creative Writers already have our own group on Author Buzz. Connect with us there if Facebook is not your thing.