Every now and then I like to publish a list of cool things to read on other people’s blogs. This is not quite one of those posts but there are links to other people’s blogs.
However, there are a few posts on those other blogs, that I have written along with other people’s [psts on similar topics. I did something sort of similar with 5 Writer Blogs you Should Definitely Read.
Sometimes it seems Author Platforms is all I talk about. I promise this is not the case.
Other posts on author platforms worth a read:
- What is an Author Platform?
- 5 Things an author can do to build a platform
- 3 Common Author Platform Mistakes (and how to fix them)
- How a Platform got Andy Weir published
- Jane Friedman’s definition of an Author Platform
How is your author platform going? Got any questions?
I don’t have a list of other writers blogs with scary stories on them. Maybe because I have not found many indie author blogs with scary stories on them. Other than The Legend of Spicer Cove by L. L. Winder, I got nothing.
Can you recommend an author blog with scary stories on it?
Talking of scary stories, what most authors earn is scary. Scary low. Ever since Author Buzz published the “The Shocking Truth about Author Earnings“, it has been bothering me that we authors do not earn that much. Here are some other views on the subject.
- 2005 Amazon UK Author Earnings report
- Most UK authors’ annual incomes still well below minimum wage, survey shows
- EC study puts average author earnings at £12,500
- Should Indie Authors Publish Exclusively With Amazon or Not?
- Kindle Unlimited Royalties: KDP Global Fund and Payout Trends
What do you think about the state of author earnings?