My mum was the last person I expected to save us. She’s just so timid and small. Who would have thought that she, of all people, was a vampire hunter?
What happens next?
I’ve always been a fan of unlikely heroes and it seems, from that introduction that this mum is the least likely vampire hunter ever.
- How did you get into danger to start with?
- How does mum save you?
- What’s your reaction to being saved by your mum?
- What happens next?
Do you ever find out…
- How long has she been hunting vampires?
- Why she hunt vampires?
- How she kept this a secret from you?
So many questions raised by this prompt. I can’t wait to see what you make out of it. Drop a link back to this post so I can read your work.
Introducing a new regular section – Fiction Friday Writing Prompts. Each week, on a Friday, we will post a writing prompt focused only on giving you something interesting to write about.
These prompts are not part of our ongoing competition but are just to get the old creative juices flowing.
My mother is a time traveller
As ideas go this one raises a lot if interesting questions.
- Who is your mother?
- Why does she time travel?
- When did you find out or have you yet to discover the truth?
- What are the effects of this knowledge (or lack thereof) on you?
- What is it like to have a mother who time travels?
- Is she always able to be there for you or does time travel keep her busy?
- What does your dad think?
Have fun with this idea and please do link to this page if you publish a story inspired by our prompt.