Like the person who refused the call to be the chosen one, you were the chosen one but you were too busy sleeping. Now what?
I was destined to save the world but I overslept
- In what way did the world need saving?
- How did you manage to sleep through that?
- Did you try staying awake all night and then nod off?
- What will happen now?
- Can someone else save the world?
- Can you still make things right?
- Are we all doomed?
Let us know if you write something to this prompt. We would love to read it.
The trope of “the chosen one” is so common that I think we all know what it means. So what would happen if the chosen one took a long look at the call to heroism and then said “nope“?
That’s what this week’s Fiction Friday prompt is all about.
I was the chosen one but I said “no”
- How did you know you were the chosen one?
- What were you chosen to do?
- Why did you say “no”?
- What form did your refusal to be the chosen one take?
- What happened as a result?
As always, we’d love to read what you write. If you link to this post, and your system supports sending pings or trackbacks, we will get notified and can come and read it.