Thanet Creative Writers are looking for fresh voices to showcase. All contributors will be generously linked and promoted but we cannot offer payment at this time.
Call for Contributions
- The benefits of finding the right writers’ group
- The best places to write in Thanet
- One of Thanet’s famous writers
- Tips for writing lively dialogue
- The benefits of blogging for writers
We welcome pitches about any other writing or locality related topic.
- Plain text (with or without HTML) or Open Office Document, please.
- If sending an email please attach any image separately to your article.
How to get in touch
There are several ways to answer this call. Option one is best for those who plan to write more than one thing.
Option one: Use the application form to become a regular contributor. Once accepted you can present articles whenever you wish. Use the comments to remind someone to check the inbox.
Option two: Use the comments to tell us your idea.
Option three: Get in touch with us via Facebook
When we first set up this blog it was with the intention that it be written by a range of different members. While I am fine with writing (it is something I love to do) I would love to see some other takes on topics.
That’s why we have a contact form sections encouraging you to become a contributor.
For those of you with a blog, a guest post (the odd post for another blog) can help gain you new readers and gives the blog you write for a bit of variety.
This is a list of topics that we would love to publish an article about. If you think you can do one of these justice, then we would love to hear from you.
- How to choose first person or third
- Writing with the present tense
- Tactical use of offensive language
- How to approach publishers
- What is the three act structure and should I use it?
- How to write compelling female characters
- Using smell as an emotive part of description
- How to get started with poetry
- Chapter sizes – how long or short should chapter be?
- Getting started with self-publishing
- Techniques for writing dialogue
- How to write lively dialogue
- Does the monomyth really apply?
- How to write for the young adult market
- How to make a Time Travel fresh again
- When and how to use gore in horror
- Time and place – using real locations in fiction
- An introduction to the editing process
- What are serial rights and why do they matter?
- Overcoming writer’s block
That’s not a hard and fast list of topics. If you have a good idea then please come forward with it.
As and when these topics are covered by me or by you, I will link them so you know that there is already at least one article on the subject. Even if there is already an article on the subject I would bet that you have something new to say on that subject.
We need you to write for us.