We have a running joke at Tea and Chat that any opening line of anything sounds better if followed up by the phrase “and then the murders began”.
So for this week’s Fiction Friday writing prompt, take a book (at random, or one of your favourites) and look at the opening line. Take that opening line and follow it up with:
And then the murders began.
What happens next?
If you write something and share it please link to this post and let us know what you came up with. Remember this is not part of the competition but is just to get the creative juices flowing.
Introducing a new regular section – Fiction Friday Writing Prompts. Each week, on a Friday, we will post a writing prompt focused only on giving you something interesting to write about.
These prompts are not part of our ongoing competition but are just to get the old creative juices flowing.
My mother is a time traveller
As ideas go this one raises a lot if interesting questions.
- Who is your mother?
- Why does she time travel?
- When did you find out or have you yet to discover the truth?
- What are the effects of this knowledge (or lack thereof) on you?
- What is it like to have a mother who time travels?
- Is she always able to be there for you or does time travel keep her busy?
- What does your dad think?
Have fun with this idea and please do link to this page if you publish a story inspired by our prompt.