When we first set up this blog it was with the intention that it be written by a range of different members. While I am fine with writing (it is something I love to do) I would love to see some other takes on topics.
That’s why we have a contact form sections encouraging you to become a contributor.
For those of you with a blog, a guest post (the odd post for another blog) can help gain you new readers and gives the blog you write for a bit of variety.
This is a list of topics that we would love to publish an article about. If you think you can do one of these justice, then we would love to hear from you.
- How to choose first person or third
- Writing with the present tense
- Tactical use of offensive language
- How to approach publishers
- What is the three act structure and should I use it?
- How to write compelling female characters
- Using smell as an emotive part of description
- How to get started with poetry
- Chapter sizes – how long or short should chapter be?
- Getting started with self-publishing
- Techniques for writing dialogue
- How to write lively dialogue
- Does the monomyth really apply?
- How to write for the young adult market
- How to make a Time Travel fresh again
- When and how to use gore in horror
- Time and place – using real locations in fiction
- An introduction to the editing process
- What are serial rights and why do they matter?
- Overcoming writer’s block
That’s not a hard and fast list of topics. If you have a good idea then please come forward with it.
As and when these topics are covered by me or by you, I will link them so you know that there is already at least one article on the subject. Even if there is already an article on the subject I would bet that you have something new to say on that subject.